Thursday, June 30, 2005

Feeling Yucky in Muggy NYC

So your prayers for Pedro worked, since the Mets beat the Yankees last Friday night (and won the series, ha ha) and I was so joyful, I had 2 beers at 8$ a pop - the robbers!! And a hot dog - I don't normally eat hot dogs, but it seems like the thing to do at a game - you know, "buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks" and all that...plus, for some odd reason, they always taste really good to me but only at games...never from a street vendor!! Also, whenever I go to a game, I always think of my dad because I would like my dad to come and visit me during baseball season so that we can go to a game (and cheer on the Mets of course) together... it seems like something you should do at least once with your dad - I know its a father-son tradition, but I'm the closest thing he's got (right Charlie? I'm Daddy's Little Boy, in my little purple Vikings jacket, following you around the backyard)! So, come on out to NYC Chuckie!!

So that was a lot of fun and then on Saturday, some friends and I went to the beach for the day on Long Island to escape the disgustingly hot and humid weather here and I spent over an hour swimming in the water...I can't remember the last time I went swimming in the ocean...usually when I've gone to California recently, the water is always too cold, although last summer when I went ocean kayaking, I took advantage of wearing a wet suit and swam for a bit...so that was super cool, though at times I confess I thought of sharks coming in to bite me...and then on Sunday, I met Megan at Pier 26, and we watched a very strange dance performance where the dancers were attached to these blue stretchy pieces of fabric and were supposed to represent the movement of the water of the Hudson River...it was beautiful to watch, sort of alien- looking, but SOOOO hot...so we decided that a frozen strawberry margarita would help us to cool down and then we saw Batman Begins, starring my new boyfriend, Christian Bale...I'm sooooo in love....but it was a GREAT movie, despite my bias...not silly or campy the way some of these other comic book to film versions are...then next couple of days, I felt like crap, complete with a severe migraine headache which didn't go away until Wednesday and so I called in sick on Tuesday for much needed rest...all I did was sleep and read and do stuff around my apartment...mainly though, I slept!


So I don't know what's going on this long weekend...but I'll let you know as soon as I find out...later!

0 comments: