Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snowstorm?? A foot of snow expected? HA!

Well I was SORELY disappointed by today's prediction for a major snowfall, I have to say... oh I'm in full whining mode by the way, I'm just out of juice (ha - maybe I should ask Clemens or Pettite for some...) - not that kind of juice, I'm out of mojo for 2007, I'm trying sooo incredibly hard to hang on to my Christmas Happiness and just float on until I get out of here and onto a plane next Thursday but I'm having a really hard time of it. I just can't be HERE anymore. Someone might get hurt -yes, old annoying Asian ladies with 5 million shopping bags who push me on the E train, I am talking about you. You too kissykissy couples. You're gonna GET IT. Right in the jaw.

Sigh...see what I mean? I'm very Grinchy... I seem to fluctuate up and down a lot so beware those around me - you won't know which one you are going to get so don't say I didn't warn you! It's like a wrapped up gift - which Nicole is inside? SURPRISE!! Aw, it's the Big Bitch! Isn't she cute??!!!

Anyhoo, I'm better now... but the snow disappointed me, it was pretty and fluffy for about 20 minutes and then hail and sleet and now just slush and chilly greyness ... well lets see what tomorrow brings, it could be something FABULOUS. Could be more crap too, but humor me and hope for the best...in the meantime, lets sing along to the pretty song from those Old Navy ads - "Stars" by The Weepies - a nice lullaby for sweet dreams before bedtime...

Tangerines are hanging heavy, glowing marigolden hues
Teasing a half-pale moon
And I feel a pull to the blue-velvet dark and stars.
Pink Magnolia, blushing and coy
Savors the sun while she shines
You've got yours and I've got mine
Together we glide through the blue-velvet dark and stars

All it takes is a little faith, and a lot of heart

Back and forth we ply these oars
They move in time and get entwined
Green with joy then gray with sorrow
Ripened fruit that falls tomorrow
Filling us with brilliance
Branches are bare with a pulse underneath
Flowering slowly inside
Your hands are warm and my body is wide
To hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

All it takes is a little faith and a lot of heart
Sweetheart

0 comments: