Thursday, August 21, 2008

She's back - and she's CRAZY!!

But to quote The Cheshire Cat:

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."


Indeed. So I've come back to the crazy NYC world after 10 glorious beachy days. But it's okay, crazy is fine as long as you can still smile and laugh and not get stressed out. But still..California rocked. From sauteed calamari steaks and great wine while watching the sunset at The Sea Chest to my daily morning hour long walks on the beach to the fun treasures I bought to watching the Olympics and cheering on the athletes while enjoying a Nicole Summer Special (that would be a tequila gimlet to you) and going on a hike with my dad on the bluffs to the farmers markets and fresh berries and veggies and tuberoses...these are a few of my favorite things...when the dog bites, when the bee stings..when I'm feeling sad...oh you know the song!

But you have to come back to reality at some point, so here I am - and as you may have guessed since I didn't post a thing all week, I returned to the crazy workplace and I've been constantly on the go all week - plus The Boss is out, so I've been filling those big shoes of his and doing both his and my job. Today's schedule a typical example:

10am - turn on workstation; check test region for data errors before running 3 test OE schedules
11am - meeting to discuss payroll consolidation file errors
12pm - bento box lunch date!
1pm - PS upgrade meeting
2:30 - back to my desk to begin running test OE's. 1st one fails and I spend an hour fixing the configuration errors.
3:45 - step out for a 15 minute walk to clear my head, eat a banana, and relax. I feel slumped. Blood pressure low.
5pm - database is taken down for the night, so I decide to just a little more work and post here, finally.

So that's all I have to report, I'm busy, but feeling good, head is cleared and I'm feeling ready. Summer is over for me, let's get on with autumn. Ready for what, I have no idea, but whatever's on it's way, I'm feeling up for the challenge now. New things are coming around the bend and you just never know, do you?

And now, some photos!

Charlie making a contribution to Bubble Gum Alley in San Luis Obispo

A mermaid on the beach..oh wait, that's just me!!

Sunset at the Cayucos pier

Mom and Dad enjoying a glass of wine while waiting to get into The Sea Chest

0 comments: