Friday, January 08, 2010

Happy Merry 2010 to You

First things first:

Why so cold, New York City...why so cold?

BRRRRRR!

But I semi-like it...you know me.

Second things second; lets start off this year's posting with some quotes that have caught me:

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
~ Alice in Wonderland

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS,
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS,
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS,
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me—
Anything can happen, child
ANYTHING can be.
~ Shel Silverstein

"I go to seek a vast perhaps."
~ Francois Rabelais

Third things last: this is all I have time or energy to do but I didn't want to be neglectful of Dearest Bloggie. I got back in town in the wee hours of Monday, barely slept and it's been all about work and getting proper sleep since then. So it does not amaze me that I woke up this morning feeling dreadful and cold-like since my whole family was ill all vacation, wasn't I bound and determined to catch something of some kind.

Damn IT ALL. Oh well - at least it's Friday, I can sleep and rest and hibernate all I want this weekend which promises to be even colder than it's been this week so maybe it's time for ginger tea, blankies, bundling, and moving as little as possible, all in the hopes of garnering enough strength to face the New Year and all of its "vast perhaps" next week in the proper fashion.

0 comments: