Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Very Quick Update and Hi

Hell Week officially ended on Saturday night so I got to go home, eat my own food, sleep in my own bed, do whatever the hell I wanted to do...I was starting to feel like I was being held hostage here and my aggravation level was growing - I felt like I had no time for myself, to take care of personal things, take a walk outside even, just for a breather...I snuck out twice for an hour or so to meet Zeus but other than that, I was very crazed and sleep deprived...some aspects of it were fun, since everyone got goofy and silly as the late nights wore on...the people I work with make me laugh a lot, so it helps to keep the mood cheerful instead of me dreading being here...this week has been pretty mellow so far, just resting, trying to get my life back in order and on schedule and stay on top of everything that has fallen by the wayside over the past few hectic weeks...that's always a struggle for me, but I think that's why I've turned into a compulsive list-maker... that's my only strategy in time management and against procrastination but I do go overboard with it at times...

The good news this week is that I'm going to California for 4 days! If we weren't in the middle of all this PeopleSoft Nonsense, I would be on vacation for 10 days with my parents in Cayucos, California, a little tiny beach town in the Central Coast, south of Big Sur (http://www.cayucosbythesea.com/index.html) ... it's probably my favorite spot to be...we've been going there as a family for years and it has so many good memories for me and it's just a spot with good vibes - I always feel good and happy and content and peaceful there. So I decided to splurge on a last minute ticket (with the help of the parents of course - it's my sole birthday gift this year, but well worth it - aren't they the coolest to do this for me? I think so) and so I'll be on a plane west coast bound on Friday - I get there at 11pm and then I'm leaving at 7pm on Tuesday night...I can't wait...hiking, sunrise beach walks, great wine and fresh seafood daily... after last week, I deserve a little happiness, yes? Glad you agree! Happy long weekend to all of you...later gators!

0 comments: