Friday, March 10, 2006

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away...

there was a girl who used to update her blog with her comings and goings... but then she got busy and overwhelmed and a bit sick and so the blog lay untouched and unupdated for days and days and days...and people wondered "will she ever post again?" ... well ...

I'M BACK!!!!

Okay, you can all stop your dancing and hugging and general merriment now... I've just been a bit overwhelmed lately so I'll just give you a rundown on all that is going on...firstly, I have to move out of my apartment... the owner is selling it and I don't want to buy it since the place is paper-thin, I have crappy ghetto neighbors below me and a nazi above me who may or may not be spying on me in the bathroom (yes, lucky him!) ha ha...and I think I just need a fresh start anyway... save some money and hopefully maybe be able to buy a place in a few years ... so I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise, its the excuse I wanted to have to leave because I haven't been happy there, I've been getting by, making do and to be honest, I've had it with making do. It's up to me to make my life, myself what I want it to be - good and bad - and getting by or making do is just letting someone or something else make your life happen for you. So me moving = me taking control of a situation and trying to make it better. So there. I stick my tongue out at you, noisy apartment!

Other than that, I've just been working a lot - as always, the PeopleSoft issues keep rolling in, but I'm feeling better educated and more adept at handling them, so I'm not as overwhelmed and hopeless as I had felt last year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I swear I see it!! Other items of interest? Last week, I was a bit sick, I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling very lightheaded and very much like I did in January when I fainted at the airport..so I was worried that it was a repeat of that whole thing...so I called in sick and slept almost all day and it took a good 3 days to feel normal again...turned out to just be a stomach flu of some sort - how do I do know? DON'T ASK! I just know...Friday, I went to Forest Hills with Frinee and had wine and pizza at Nick's and decided I could live here, so maybe I'll look at some apt's here as well...Saturday I got my hair highlighted and Isabel worked some magic - I love my hair! It's got great blonde streaks of varying shades...then I spent Sunday with Floating Head and we watched the Oscars with some friends and had champagne cocktails and made fun of everyone - how fake white the teeth! how fake orange the tan! Last night, I went to St. Patrick's Cathedral for a free concert of Irish music which was lovely and then continuing the Irish theme, we went to the Pig n' Whistle where a lovely cute Irish guy with that lovely cute accent seated us and made sure we got some Harp and a delicious shepard's pie. Hearing an Irish accent always makes me want to do my version of several scenes from In the Name of the Father (one of my favorite movies by the way):

1. Little girl enters a pub: "Da? The IRA's got our Gerry!"

2. Gerry and Giuseppe in prison: "And you know what I did, Da? I wrote your stupid fuckin Giuseppe name in the sand and I fuckin pissed on it" My mother gets a kick out of me doing this, in full brogue, but inserting "Charlie" instead Giuseppe. Charlie, on the other hand, does not approve of me using "fuckin".

Then, it was home to bake a cake for Mr. McGee's (The Boss) birthday and to figure out that yes, I am getting a cold, so most likely the rest of the weekend can be spent resting and reading and trying to feel better - and hopefully calling the Overoye and Delgado households, because I haven't been home enough to do so for months! And I'm ashamed, but I'm hoping they will understand and love me anyway. And I will be meeting up with Magpie and Floating Head for a brunch at some point, where, again, champagne cocktails will be enjoyed...we were supposed to go on a hike with the Sierra Club on Long Island, but we can't quite figure out how to get out there so we decided to abort the plan and hopefully go hiking next weekend up in Westchester where the public transportation is better.

That's all for now - stay tuned!

0 comments: