Monday, March 27, 2006

Open House March Madness!!

My Apt. Listing

(click the link above to see my apt listed)

OMG! Open House = CRAZY! There was a constant flow of people in and out of my apartment and I felt like I was hosting a party - I basically just stood at the door and let them in and out and buzzed them in downstairs, but it was so draining. It was 4 hours of plastering a fake smile on my face while watching the clock with one eye, making sure no one was stealing anything with the other. But the broker, Milena, is actually very sweet and nice and she made it somewhat fun, because it was basically like having her hang out with me for the day while these strangers came and went. It was odd, because a lot of the people stopped by aren't really interested buyers and they are just curious what someone else's apartment looks like. For instance, an old lady lives next door to me, and her son and his wife came by - and I doubt it was because they are seriously thinking about purchasing the apartment, its just to take a look at the chick who lives next door. And it was also weird to have these people evaluating my things and making comments, opening my closets and such. They all had nice things to say about my place - that they love all of my artwork and nicknacks and such and how beautifully I have it decorated, etc, so they were all very complimentary, its just strange to see all these eyes evaluating me and how I live basically. At the very least, I met a lot of interesting people in a short amount of time. Milena also showed me some of the apartments that are available right now and I'm pretty sure I'll be using her to help me when I start my search for real in the next month or so. As soon as 4pm came, we took the balloons and "open house" sign down and thank god, we were finished - until next Sunday. ARRGHH!! Then Princess Bradley came to pick up her Action Set and drop off my AeroBed and we went off to have a much needed dinner of samosas and saag aloo and nan and some wine that was very tasty - Trinchero Chardonnay from California.

A side note to Charlie: try the Coppola Bianco, which is his pinot grigio - your favorite. IT IS DELICIOUS! Just as much as I love his chardonnay, I love this one too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're blogging NOVELS now. What's the deal??

- Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

Boredom? I know, I've been channelling Magpie, since she's in LA for the week...someone needed to take her place while she's out!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, feelin' the force of Magpie.

Do, or do not. There is no try!

- Vox

apiperisdown said...

No! It's Princess Megan Elizabeth. Princess Bradley is just too nouveau riche.

Anonymous said...

Hey now! I was mentioned!