Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fourth of July blah blah blah whatever…

Well I had plans and they were fun plans – Brooklyn, BBQ in the park and then up to someone’s roof in Park Slope to watch the fireworks. But then I woke up yesterday and couldn’t move. I was tired and just wanted to nap and was stressed out because mail and bills and dirty dishes were piling up and there is no maid or personal assistant to do these things for me. I had no more underwear so laundry had to be done in a hurry if I was going out. It was cloudy and the skies threatened rain so maybe no fireworks. So before I flipped out and lost it, I caved and cancelled my plans. I just have been in such a funk lately, I probably wouldn’t have been good company anyhow, so most likely it was for the best, and getting all that menial, stupid stuff done made me feel better, so I think it was the smart thing.

Floors – cleaned
Bathroom and Kitchen - scrubbed
Bills – paid
Naps taken – 2, 35 minutes each
Harry Potter book – almost completed
Papers and Misc Stuff – put away and filed properly
Laundry – 2 loads, plus my quilt
Number of grilled cheese sandwiches consumed – 2 (I know that’s a lot of cheese, but I bought this really good English cheddar)
Stress factor greatly reduced – PRICELESS

Now I just have to keep plugging away and get this funky mood off of me. I need to snap out of it. Floating Head did come up with a good idea about a possible getaway in the near future and darn it if that wouldn’t do the trick. I was sitting outside today at lunch, drinking my OJ and thinking “I don’t want to be here anymore – I can’t stand any of these people”. And then her head floated an idea my way…so hopefully, a remedy will come to me soon.

0 comments: