Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oh it's rainy and its cold and I have a sinus headache and I feel slightly hungover...I really can't drink much anymore, can I? I just feel so icky the next day...last night it was just two little beers...ahh but two really tasty beers, I'm here to share with you that this Dogfish craft beer from Delaware - http://www.dogfish.com/ - is just about the best beer I've ever had...Daddy, I'm not sure if you can get this in Las Vegas, but if my supermarket keeps carrying it, I'll bring you a bottle home at Xmas to try... I have the 60 Minute India Pale Ale...Cousin Megan, this should be a Gold Star Winner for Beer Club!

So I had two of these last night while watching the season finale of Ghost Hunters - and they are strong, being craft beers - and woke up this morning feeling tummy troubled and headachy and a bit cracked ...

"There is a crack, a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in"
- Leonard Cohen


I feel smiley though for reasons known and unknown ... I just feel expectant like something good is about to happen but I don't know what it is, it's just around the corner and it keeps peeking over in my direction, sticking its tongue out at me, na na na boo boo, but then it turns and runs the other way whenever I look closely to see what it actually is...I hope I'm right ... at the very least I've got two giant pomegranates on my desk right now that are full of little red juicy seeds of something good...Snow, don't pomegranates make you think of Grandma and Mom making jelly in our kitchen? They did grape too - funny, I don't remember them boiling the grapes down, so I'm assuming they just bought juice - isn't that cheating? - but I loved the pomegranate best of all and it was this big production and assembly line complete with wax seals on the jars and it only happened once a year sort of like the sugar snow in Little House in the Big Woods ... Maple candy! Or pig slaughtering time and Mary and Laura made a balloon with the pig bladder and played with that...do Allie and Jake do that ever? Hee hee hee...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just re-read those books? How the H-LL do you remember that!! Yes, I believe they just bought the juice, but we didn't care. And pomegranites remind me of picking them off the tree (large bush?) at Grandma's house and eating them in the orchard or under the clothes line with our barbie's hanging from it, and hopefull wearing a big flowy caftan and jewelry and wearing green creme eye shadow and red lipstick. I also have one in my fridge!!