Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Once again, I get all caught up in LIFE and I don't post here and I forget about all the fun/interesting/cool/awful/terrific/ terrible things that happen to me ... that's the good thing about being regular with the bloggy - its not quite as personal as a journal would be, but it does keep you observant about yourself and your day to day life and I think that's important...that way, when stuff goes wrong or your feeling bad or whatever, you look back and say "hey, look how much fun I had on Sunday, why am I feeling so sorry for myself?" There's a good reason the phrase "know thyself" is at the oracle at Delphi ... a little reflection here and there, and the answers just come to you and you understand that all is well and where it should be.

Things have been busy, in a good, albeit rushed way - since I've last spoken to you, I've been to the Buddhist temple, gotten a hour long facial, had Indian food in the East Village, seen traditional Buddhist chanting at the Milk Gallery, bought cute Easter stuff at Michael's, had brunch in the West Village and talked about Poochie and other 80's things and the fact that Robert Downey Jr. is mysteriously playing a black man in a new Ben Stiller movie,
lived through a monsoon and icky negative vibes last Saturday, did many loads of laundry and threw out a bunch of stuff (you need to clear your space to make room for the new to come in - so say the Feng Shui masters) and most importantly and most fun of all, because I know the one and only Floating Head, scored free tickets to Madame Butterfly

at Lincoln Center, complete with free appetizers and wine and magic tricks - the guy made my ring disappear, bent a quarter, and guessed the cards that both FH and I picked. Right there, that was more than enough to keep us occupied. But then, we took our seats and not only were they free, but they were 5th row, center orchestra! HELLO! We could see up close and personal the smarmy charm of Pinkerton and we both gasped when Butterfly slit her throat at the end...I knew she killed herself, but I expected it to be a drawn out a bit, maybe an aria in there, but no...very beautiful and sad and a lesson to the ladies - don't lose yourself in the Pinkertons of the World - they'll take your little boy Sorrow away and marry a nice bland American girl and not care a bit about the consequences ... and by the by, it was opening night and they filmed it for PBS, so it will be broadcast on March 20th - http://www.pbs.org/previews/lflc-madamabutterfly/

0 comments: