Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jany!!

Yes, it was Jany's birthday this Saturday and we celebrated her birth in true Jany Style: by shopping, having our nails done, backs rubbed, and eating tasty food at Devin Tavern in Tribeca and then having champagne at Flute...we were totally Janyfied! Thank god I got a ride to the restaurant (in my pretty new dress and pretty new nails) because I have a hard time finding things in Tribeca...for Floating Head's birthday I had to cross a bridge near the Holland Tunnel and felt as if I was on Platform 9 and 3/4! And thank god I got a ride home as well because by the time we left Flute, it was close to 1 am and this girl does not stay up that late anymore...I didn't feel like I drank that much, it was sipped over many hours - 2 glasses of chardonnay at dinner (Charlie, you will be happy to know it was 14$ Chardonnay - yes I paid for it, not YOU) and then a kir royale sampler at Flute - 3 mini glasses in the flavors of my choosing: cassis, violet, and pomegranate - and then a final glass of Veuve Clicquot. BUT. I woke up on Sunday with a terrible migraine, one that put me out of commission for most of the day - I tried to sleep as much as possible. So now, it is time to repent and clear the bodies of alcohol Thetans...oh Xenu, clear me!! I shall eat only cucumbers and lettuce and sip supergreen juice for the next few days...and then this weekend, Floating Head and I have tickets to all THREE Mets/Atlanta games so that means beer and hot dogs, doesn't it... I'm just going to have to cleared all over again I guess.... such is life... I go from being a Roman Glutton to a Spartan Greek sometimes...

0 comments: