Monday, June 09, 2008

New York Icky

So in case you people don't know it, it is UGLY outside. It's smelly, it's sticky. And of course I'm leaving just as it's going to break and get cooler... oh well, I survived. Sweatily, but I got through it and managed to have quite a nice, yet tiring weekend on top of it. My body was just not made for these hot and humid times. Damn you global warming! Saturday, we had quite the merry olde tyme watching Teen Witch and reliving the 80's fashions and hairdos and eating Thai food at Jany's with Floating Head and Ly and Kaya. Sunday I met The Cousins Megan and Kara for a flick on the Lower East Side - The Fall.


I think this might be my new favorite film..at the very least its most likely the best movie I've seen in a really really long time. It's so amazing looking, the little girl is so freaking cute, and the character of "Roy " is super hot in his "Bandit" costume. So there you go, all the elements of a great movie. So please check it out, I guarantee you, you will be amazed. Its the same director who made The Cell, but this is not freaky visuals or too scary, just super cool and breathtaking. And funny and heartwarming and sad...then we walked around and did a bit o' shopping and then got stuck on a R train for over an hour... needless to say, I was wiped when I got home, I felt beat up and sore and dehydrated. Oh woe is me! Poor Pitiful Pearl is on her way to Vegas tomorrow and surely that will turn her into Life Is Lovely Lola!

0 comments: