Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Día de los Muertos!!

Yes, this past Saturday was the Day of the Dead - turned out, I was ONE OF THE DEAD. Or maybe more like undead ... I didn't feel well on Friday night so I went to bed somewhat early, thinking I had to get up by 6am anyway to meet The Cousins at Penn Station for our Philly trip. I was rudely woken up at 3am or so by The DEMON VIRUS!!! I was temporarily possessed by the spirit of Regan in The Exorcist and continued to throw up precisely every 20 minutes, complete with projectile split pea soup, head-swiveling, and crab-walking down a staircase. No priests were harmed in this incident, thank goodness. My neighbors were just a little worried at the sight of me though. The only pain was inflicted upon myself and my esophagus - I couldn't keep a thing down and I was dying of thirst - but even a sip of water would come right back up. I can't remember the last time I was sick like that. So I had to cancel on my scary Philly trip, but it was for the best, I wouldn't have lasted. I didn't feel right again, truly myself, until today and even now I'm shaky at best. But I can eat again. So that's something. I need my strength, because tonight is the night we find out if Frodo has made it, after 8 LONG YEARS through Mordor to the top of Mount Doom and has been able to throw the ring at last into the fire and save Middle Earth.

I suspect the Bush-Cheney regime has met its end - if those darn pundits are to be believed - and the coup d'etat executed in 2000 is finished and we can move on from here and get our dignity back. I hope it has ... but I'll tell you this - I went to bed in 2000 thinking all was right with the world and Al was our president. I woke up to find the votes had been stolen. And then in 04 it came down mysteriously to one state again and it seemed mysteriously tipped in the favor of Sauron.The same thing can surely happen again and if it happens for a third time...I may lose all faith in this process. But the worry is all for naught right now...let's just wait see what tomorrow brings, shall we?

GO FRODO!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: