Thursday, March 17, 2005

A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. -Diane Arbus

So I sent you all an email telling you to check me out, and then I don't update it or add anything for a week...the nerve of me! Well, I've been busy (but of course) - with what? On Friday, I had a lovely Thai dinner with a friend...Saturday, I went to the Met to see the Diane Arbus exhibit...AWESOME!! The photographs were amazing, cool, weird, sometimes bizarre and hard to look at, but facinating...and they also had her original letters, cool notebooks she used to write all these crazy notes to herself, documenting what she saw and wanted to capture, and these collage postcards that she made, cutting out fragments and bits of words from books, magazines, etc. and pasting them together to make these wonderful, small, mailable works of art...so cool...maybe I'll try to make one or two myself and mail them to someone special...maybe...? Check out some sites on the web about her and look at her photos...such as: http://www.temple.edu/photo/photographers/arbus/arbus.htm

Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you drinkers out there...this is your holiday! I will be celebrating on Sunday instead, at an Irish pub in Brooklyn called the Bally Bunion where all the firemen hang out after the Brooklyn St. Patty's parade....woo hoo!

0 comments: