Friday, March 18, 2005

Sad news...

This week was a tough week for me...a very dear friend of mine passed away on Sunday after battling brain cancer for almost two years. Her memorial service was on Tuesday...she was a wonderful human being who never had a bad word to say or an unkind thought about anyone...always laughing, always smiling is how I will remember her...she and I used to work together and on Friday afternoons after our boss left for the day, we would make "special coffees" as a treat (special meaning we added whiskey and whipped cream). I used to go up and visit Patty in Yonkers on the weekends all the time for dinner and drinks in her mother's garden and I will miss all the fun times she and I had together. Yesterday - St. Patrick's Day - was her birthday, and I went to a plant sale and bought a shamrock plant (which will, of course, be named Patty) so that will be my way of keeping her in my thoughts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, N. I think the shamrock is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Just remember that your pal will always be by your side with a huge smile and toasting always with you with a special irish drink in hand.