Friday, April 15, 2005

Busy Bee, Busy Bee bzzz bzzz...

well, I returned from Coeur d'Alene Idaho this Tuesday, where I was visiting my sister Heather and her family and my Aunt Judy and I feel so much better after my little break...refreshed, not so run down and tired and bored and blah...now I'm ready for spring! So basically, it was just hang out time with the family, I don't get to see them very often, maybe once a year, so every moment with them is very special and precious, even if we aren't doing anything but sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and watching Napoleon Dynamite (one of THE funniest movies for all you who haven't seen it yet) - look out Heather and Dan, it's a Pegasus X-ing!! I spent all of Wednesday with Judy, just chatting and laughing and drinking coffee and looking at Uncle Bill's paintings (she let me have 4 of them and as soon as they get here, I'll post pics of them, they are so pretty and striking)... I got to see Allie's soccer match (yea! she scored a goal!) and we went up to Kellogg to a goldmine, panned for gold where I found over 50 amethysts (purple being my favorite color, this was more valuable to me then the gold!)...then we ate lunch at the Snake Pit, famous for their Rocky Mountain Oysters, which I declined after Judy told me they could be rubbery...I'll stay on my testicle-free diet thank you very much! I had a yummy buffalo burger instead and then we went to the Cataldo Mission (you can see it here: http://www.idahoparks.org/parks/oldmission.html),
the oldest building in Idaho, and it has an interesting history, because unlike other missions, this one sought to incorporate the Native American beliefs and people into their faith, not overtake them and make them give up their traditions...which makes the church and its grounds that much more beautiful, knowing that it has always been a peaceful place, not one of strife and bloodshed like so many Native American sites. Later that night, we cooked s'mores and popcorn for dinner and drank Irish coffees outside by the firepit and then to bed because I had to be presentable the next day, because Allie took me to school for Show and Tell...so cute! Judy came over that night for my goodbye dinner - stromboli! Homemade by Mrs. Overoye and it was fantastically delicious and gave us energy for playing Catch Phrase and Hullaballo and then the next afternoon, I was on a plane home...I miss them already: playing Power Rangers with Jake with our swords and scabbards, drawing and coloring and making frames with Allie...and giggling and having fun with Heather, Dan, and Judy... a wonderful week! I'll post some pics soon...
Now onto this weekend...I'm going to a Mets game tonight with the gang (vs. the Marlins) and then tomorrow, Megan and I are going to the Japan Society to see a so-cool exhibit: http://www.japansociety.org/events/current.cfm and then we are off to meet some friends for BREWTOPIA!!! http://www.brewtopiafest.com , this is the World Beer Festival with over 300 craft beers, unlimited tasting, plus your own souvenir cup - woohoo! But I don't want to get too sloshed, because on Sunday, its off to another Mets game in the afternoon and I have to have enough stamina to help Tiffany carry 4 beers up the stairs to our seats in the last row without spilling :-)

0 comments: