Friday, April 22, 2005

"She's reached her limit!"

Well, I never did tell you about Brewtopia last weekend...Brewtopia was a lot of fun, very merry, and I tasted a lot of yummy beer (not my favorite drink by the way, it just makes me feel bloated and sleepy for the most part, so it's not something I overindulge in...USUALLY). One of the best was a Belgian beer, Unibraue...about 2 hours into this thing, this guy comes up to me and says "you've reached your limit" and I smiled and scooted away...I was fine (I thought)...a bit tipsy, but it's Brewtopia! So then the guy is behind me in a line and I hear him whisper "that girl in front of you is drunk, she has that look on her face" and they were laughing...so I asked Megan "do I look drunk, I don't feel drunk". Megan said no, but then again, Megan had as much to drink as me at this point, so of course I looked normal to her! We stayed until 10 and decided to get some food before heading home...I still felt fine...however...after I ordered a coke and hamburger at Outback, the room was spinning, I felt sick and proceeded to lay down in the booth for the next hour or so while the others had a perfectly nice dinner, my head in Lucia's lap the whole time...I wasn't quite passed out, I heard all of their conversations, but I just couldn't sit up, I felt so sick and I was cursing myself for having to try as much beer as possible...I blame Megan...hee hee, just kidding...I can't hold myself responsible, can I? I only raised my head at the end of the meal to say "I think I need to go to the bathroom"...Megan was sweet enough to accompany me 2 times to throw up in the bathroom (that's family for you!) and she also informed me that I am a "quiet thrower-upper"...how ladylike of me! So now that the meal is over, I felt fine...head was cleared, and all is well with the world...and I'm really really hungry!!

So onto to more drinking! No, I'm kidding, I think I 'm done with the boozing for awhile...!! Tomorrow I'm going to see my favorite Scottish boys - the Trashcan Sinatras - perform at the Mercury Lounge and then on Sunday during the day I'm going to a play about Paul Robeson...my friend Vicky knows one of the actors in it - he plays an FBI agent...I'm thinking he's on stage for a total of 2 minutes - sound about right? Well it's something to do anyway...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is all my fault. I'm trying to get the world drunk, one person at a time...