Friday, November 25, 2005

Groggy Me

So I feel very out of it and tired today and yet I'm at work, and my boss is out, so of course, the day is turning out to be quite stressful...this always happens when he is out, somehow his problems become mine...usually when the boss is out, it's an easier day but this never seems to be...and I'm a little too out of it to deal with it all...this is most likely because when I left Thanksgiving dinner last night, there were 6 empty bottles and there were 6 of us at dinner..so you do the math! Yesterday was a good day, I baked my very special mixed berry pie from scratch, did laundry, got ready and bundled and off I went on Metro North for my Thanksgiving in Scarsdale...it started off with gluwein and little dumpling-like bites around the BBQ and then inside for lots of wine, really good stuffing (some would say "spicy") and three kinds of birds: a pheasant, a turkey, and a duck... plus the usual mashed potatoes, carrots and peas, and of course, the gravy. Then for dessert, Mr. G, Esq. brought an awesomely rich chocolate cake and then my berry pie and more wine and there you go... so basically I ate well, laughed a lot, and went home happy, and this rates up there in the top 2 Thanksgivings I've had since I've lived here (top spot belongs to my junior year of college and I went to this huge get-together with my friend Eve and her family and all of her suitemates)... so this is #2... Thanksgiving is always weird for me since I have no family here and even though I've spent quite a few of them by myself and it's not horrible, it's always nice to spend the day with good people, and for this, I am thankful.
Now tomorrow, I am meeting Magpie and Floating Head for a brunch and then off to Target (yes again...Choxie replenishing needed, plus I need a few Xmas odds and ends), then back to see Floating Head's new apartment where we shall toast her to a new beginning, since today is her last day and Monday, the new job begins...onward and upward to bigger and better things! And no more being jacked around by Potatoheads, Lord Helmuts, and Little Miss Snot Noses!

0 comments: