Thursday, November 17, 2005

whassup?

Yeah, I know, I've probably lost the paltry few loyal readers I had (ah, most of them family members, but you know, at least that's something) ... I admit I've been a lazy blogger... well I've been busy, since I normally do this on my down time at work...and I haven't had any down time... to the point that yesterday, I was "sick". I was sick enough to have to stay home, rearrange furniture, sort and clean, read Book 3 of Harry Potter (since I will be seeing the Imax version of Book 4 on Saturday with Magpie and her sis, I felt the need to catch up ...I had only read Book 1 and refused to see the movies until I read the next books... but Magpie loves her Harry Potter and got me all caught up in the excitement and now I do believe I love Harry as well...not as much as Lord of the Rings, but still, very excited...) and I went to Target for Choxie... Choxie, for those not in the know, is this awesome Target-brand chocolat that is quite yummy that Magpie turned me on to - check it out at your local Tar-jay... especially the mint cookie crunch truffle - these taste just like Girl Scout Thin Mints!!! The box in my office is fading fast... tomorrow, I'm seeing Walk the Line, also with Magpie, because we need to kill time before joining Floating Head to toast to her birthday (today) at a bar in Chelsea... and then on the seventh day, I rest... maybe!
Speaking of chocolate, on Sunday, I met Magpie for brunch in Chelsea for a bagel and some lox and a mimosa and then off we went to the Chocolate Show... for 25 bucks, you got to sample all the gourmet, wonderful, delicious chocolate that you wanted, in many forms - truffles, bark, drinking, liquer, cookie, brownie..etc..
http://www.chocolateshow.com/home.php?titre=3&id_code=9&cat= as yummy as this was, we realized after about a hour and a half that we were done...tummies were hurting! The most delicious thing I sampled were these truffles from France - www.gustaux.com - awesome!!! I don't know where you can buy them here though...and my favorite man in the world was there, Jacques Torres, chocolatier extraordinaire.. www.mrchocolate.com he really is a chocolate genius... so I think that's it for me... I'm fooded out, liquored out (although I did buy myself a bottle of my Coppola chardonnay Daddy - 11.99 here on sale) and I'm really ready to go home for Christmas (the 17th of December) and get the hell away from here for awhile.
And speaking of Xmas, I will be seeing my smooshies... here are two new pics of them... don't you all want to smoosh them? I do!! And it's Allie's birthday next week - happy almost birthday!!
























Jacob the Power Ranger, "power up - hah!" and Allie the Pretty Princess
























Two little monkeys in a tree...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do this during your "down time" at work? Please see me in my office as soon as possible.

- Todd

Anonymous said...

Chakotay, meet me in my ready room.