Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hurrah for Chuckles!

So I'm back from vacation as of yesterday and before I post anything else, let me share something really cool that happened to my Dad. While I was home, he retired (well semi - he plans to start working a bit later on this year so he doesn't get murdered by my mother due to annoyance factors - hee hee). So we in the family pretty much think he's an awesome guy, but for people not related to him to think highly enough of him to call the newspaper and tell them to do a story on the guy, that's pretty cool!

So my dad gave an interview to the reporter, then the reporter and a photographer came to the "good-bye" party at the bar and VOILA! Front page of the Nevada section of the Las Vegas Review-Journal!! Check out the "consumate storyteller" here:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Dec-27-Wed-2006/news/11640866.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is way cool! Very special. I bet you're so proud of your popa!

- Vox

Anonymous said...

That is so cool and well deserved.
Good Luck to Chuck, enjoy semi-retirement.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Charlie! What a cool thing to happen to him! He deserves it--he is a great person and a happy guy! :-)

By the way--I see the Kahootz video poker bar is in Henderson...of course.