Friday, January 12, 2007

You're the Funny Little Frog in My Throat

Tonight I'm off to Spain - the restaurant, not the country - to have some sangria and paella and then tomorrow I shall meet up with the Stanley's who are no longer of Jackson Heights but will be in the neighborhood for a visit...and then Sunday, it's up bright and early to have a "good breakfast" with Floating Head before we head down to Chinatown to catch the bus to....

PHILADELPHIA!

Yes, I'm taking a super cool daytrip where I can guarantee there will be yet another shot of Floating Head in Colonial Pose - perhaps near the Liberty Bell? We are taking a Historic Trolley Tour and want to walk around all the historical spots and share a REAL Philly Cheese Steak... I used to go to Philly all the time in my old job, but I never got to sightsee much - we went to the Big Market there and would walk around a bit but that's it... so I'm excited...I always feel a bit let down on long weekends when I have nothing to do, so I'm happy that Floating Head is always up for an adventure with me - she's good like that.

Now: I was sitting here listening to my radio at work and a Belle and Sebastian song was on - "Another Sunny Day" - when Vox emails me " Have you ever heard the song "Funny Little Frog", by Belle & Sebastian? I just heard the song, thought it was cute." - and that song is from the very album I'm listening to!!! So I immediately started the song and looked up the lyrics and guess what? It's an awesome song - isn't it?:

Honey lovin you is the greatest thing
I get to be myself and I get to sing
I get to play at being irresponsible
I come home late at night and I love your soul
I never forget you in my prayers
I never have a bad thing to report
You’re my picture on the wall
You’re my vision in the hall
You’re the one I’m talking to
When I get in from my work
You are my girl, and you don’t even know it
I am livin out the life of a poet
I am the jester in the ancient court
You’re the funny little frog in my throat

I had a conversation with you at night
It’s a little one sided but that’s allright
I tell you in the kitchen about my day
You sit on the bed in the dark changing places
With the ghost that was there before you came
You’ve come to save my life again
I don’t dare to touch your hand
I don’t dare to think of youIn a physical way
And I don’t know how you smell
You are the cover of my magazine
You’re my fashion tip, a living museum
I’d pay to visit you on rainy Sundays
I’ll maybe tell you all about it someday

I love little quirky incidents like these that happen for no reason but that seem to be a sign of synchonicity - because the other thing that Vox doesn't know is that I had just said in my head "right now a song is going to come on the radio that is going to make me smile" - and lo and behold, he sends me an email instructing me to play this song - ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Vox provides more than just Info. He provides...the happy!
(and the corny!)

- Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

Vox can always be counted on for the Happy...I'm now officially addicted to this song..I love the way he rhymes POET with THROAT! And check out the video on Youtube.com it's SOOOOO cute...aw!