Monday, January 22, 2007

But Baby It's Cold Outside...

Well finally, finally, the Winter Man has come to stay... this past week has been perfectly COLD. Not just chilly mind you, but COLD. Raw, blustery, loverly COLD. Just as January should be. I love it. I get to bundle cutely, in my fab new purply scarf and gloves and cute cute hat and I get to shiver and long for a hot coffee or tea because its so COLD and I get to scream "Holy Shit!" as I run from the movie theater to Ollie's as I did on Saturday night. I went with the Chia Pet to see "Volver" with the gorgeous Penelope Cruz - she really is amazing don't you think? - and we had wonton soup with duck at Ollie's to warm us up. Friday: I finally got my couch fixed - finally! I can sit on it like a normal human being ... and I was only supposed to wait until the fixers came and then go in to work, but I woke up with a terrible migraine so I just stayed put and rested and reread The Alchemist instead.

OOOH and Thursday, The Office!!! Jim finally admitted he still has feelings for Pam - BYE BYE KAREN! One of the better episodes lately, right Snow White? I'll be calling you to discuss all the Office events in the next day or two and also to say a happy belated birthday to my Jacob O because I'm a crappy auntie who didn't get a chance to call yet.

And I would be remiss if I did not mention that this Saturday was my parents 39th wedding anniversary...does this mean that next year I can hold a ruby wedding party for them and run into Mark Darcy, a la Bridget Jones? And stick my foot in mouth just like her of course but end up with the guy anyway ... stranger things have happened...(see I watched that movie for the millioneth time on Friday so I'm just reliving all those lovely Colin Firth moments, although he makes your toes curl the best in Pride and Prejudice - much more sullen and dour in an appealing way).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, yes, loved the office!! Jake is OK w/the late b-day and loved the karate trainer. And it was the folks 38th anniversary!! I think the cold froze your brain!! XOXO Snow White