Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Rainy days and Wednesdays always get me...


EXCITED!"


Now that sounds funny...but I actually do like rainy days - they make me feel cozy. Today has been an odd day because it started out a little sunny but brisk and then about 1:30, I looked out my humongous office window - I'm not bragging, there are two totally oversized windows that go almost from floor to ceiling and soooo drafty that I have to keep my baby heater on throughout the year and I'm currently also wrapped up in a pashmina too - anyway, I look out and in a big blasting WHOOSH!, snow swirled out of nowhere and then turned to rain a minute later and since then it's been a steady drizzle so soup and coffees have been the order of the day.

But I'm excited (and apparently prone to going off on tangents) - and a teensy bit nervous - because I'm starting a class tonight and it's something very out of the ordinary for me and a way to make 2009 different than any other year - so it's a writing/creativity boot camp sort of class in Soho and it goes for 12 weeks, 2 hours every Wednesday, and I signed up for it about a month ago and didn't breathe a word of it to anyone because I wanted to wait and see how it goes before discussing it. I'm hopeful about it but you know, as it is with shy little me, new things are HARD but I need to leap a little now and then so here I am. Wish me luck, will you?

And this week is just odd on all fronts because it's a short week, because the Big Boss is out all week and I'm in charge of This World and so I feel myself forgetting to breathe, there is so much going on, it all seems to be nonstop rush rush around here - but: one thing at a time and I'll be fine.

0 comments: