Friday, May 01, 2009

Mayday! Mayday! Quick, eat some poetry, it's MAY!

The May Magnificat
by Gerard Manly Hopkins

MAY is Mary’s month, and I...
Ask of her, the mighty mother:
Her reply puts this other
Question: What is Spring?—
Growth in every thing—
Flesh and fleece, fur and feather,
Grass and greenworld all together;
Star-eyed strawberry-breasted
Throstle above her nested
Cluster of bugle blue eggs thin
Forms and warms the life within;
And bird and blossom swell
In sod or sheath or shell.
All things rising, all things sizing...
Mary sees, sympathising
With that world of good,
Nature’s motherhood...
Well but there was more than this:

Spring’s universal bliss
Much, had much to say
To offering Mary May....

Oh it's the end of the workweek and I'm a few steps closer to the Texan Adventure so this weekend will be spent Getting Self and Things In Order. I'm also trying to rest and superboost my immune system because of all this Swine Flu hype. So I live in affected cluster - Queens - I take the subway - great way to get germs anyhow - and I'm taking a plane next Thursday which is another great germ spreader. Earlier this week I felt so sick to my stomach in the middle of the day, really vomitous and dizzy but took a Pepcid and drank a ton of water and felt better but you know for a brief interval I thought - OMG SWINE FLU!

And when I looked in the mirror, it didn't help that my nose had turned snout-like and my skin a pinkish hue...OINK OINK OINK...oh wait, swine flu doesn't really turn you into a pig? Then what was going on...oh never mind...

By the way, my earlier post this Monday of thanking the Universe in advance for things and pluses and such that had not yet occurred or come to me - totally works. Try it! I did receive some nice surprises/mini-milagros after all - such as last night, I got a phone call from my supercool, super sweet niece Allie who is so funny and so smart and totally makes me smile - she's AWESOME! So I think I'll repeat this experiment more often - report some results back to me if you feel like testing it out...

0 comments: