Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Roasted Asparagus!

This ROCKED! And hey, it was easy, I needed something quick for this week's Recipe since I had to rush home to do laundry and I needed to clean out my fridge before my Texan Adventure so this is it for this week, but my, was it stellar! This is the only way to eat asparagus from now on - and you can do the same with green beans, it's just as good. The roasting gives it a smoky aroma and flavor and I also included the rest of the fennel I still had from the salad two weeks ago - that was tasty too, its gets to be like a mellow sweet onion without the oniony taste and smell. I was very pleased with this:

From Mollie Katzen:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll the asparagus around an oiled tray until well coated. Roast for only 5 to 10 minutes (checking frequently) until just tender. Length of roasting time will depend on the thickness of the spears. Salt lightly while still hot, and serve at any temperature.

I roasted it a bit longer so that the asparagus got a little dark, it made it a bit crispy which I liked. So I'd let the oven get really hot and then let them blister for 10 minutes. But don't let them burn!!

0 comments: