Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Oy!

That's all, just OY.

My head is killing me, partially sinus pain from the stormy weather and partially because I have this terrible habit of turning off all the lights in my apartment when I'm ready for sleepytime (and not leaving one on in my bedroom) so that when I went to bed last night, I was too lazy to switch on a light and decided to feel my way to the bathroom/bedroom and thought I was at the doorway to the bathroom and walked straight into a wall. HARD. VERY HARD. It was actually very funny and it's times like those that I'm glad I don't live with anyone because I'm sure I would have been made fun of for days if anyone had actually witnessed it. So now I have a little bruise on my forehead above my eyebrow and it's a little sore. Silly rabbit.

Then I woke with a jolt at about 3am because of some major lightning and thunder going on outside, it was all of a sudden pouring rain, cats and dogs as they say, and I was wide awake. And grumpy. ALL I WANTED WAS A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.

And now today is crazy crazy, I have all these Things - work and personal - percolating and moving and shaking - and I am only one person so I'm trying to do the juggling act and handle it all gracefully and unstressfully. I try to breathe and I try to laugh. A lot. That helps. Maybe one day, when I'm like 75, I'll learn how to be an adult? Does anyone get to that point? I have a feeling the answer is no.

I do have a singer/songwriter for you to check out - Emily Arin. I found her through Idiot's Delight and Vin Scelsa - who loves her too - please click here: http://www.emilyarin.com/ & listen to "Springtime" and "When You Knew Me When" and "Hidden Flame"- she's quite lovely, don't you think? And lovely lyrics to match:

From "Hidden Flame"
Sleep caught me just before the sunrise
And sent me to my dreams
I saw three mermaids being baptized
And then they sang to me
You are an otherworldly being
Unreachable with meaning
A cousin of the wind
Your body limitless and lightfilled
A golden drop of sun spilled
Into the world of man
Remember this when you're awake if you can

0 comments: