Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Recipes of the Week...

That do not bear repeating, but I want to mention them here so that I still look like I'm on track with my effort to try a new thing each week... so the last two recipes were Potato Leek soup in a mushroom broth - totally HUMDRUM and I would have rather just eaten all the components separately. The second recipe was a fava bean salad with mint and goat cheese. Again - whatever! All the bits apart were good, I love fava beans and the pairing with the mint is perfect, but fava beans are blah if you don't do anything to them, so I think I'd do this again, but instead of just blanching the beans, I'd follow it with some sauteing with garlic and balsamic vinegar to give them some oomph. The goat cheese is always good but it's creamy and the fava beans are creamy so you are left with creamy minty mush.

This week? I'm attempting to make my first cheesecake from scratch, graham cracker crust and all, for a co-workers birthday - I need to go buy the spring pan first though! I'll report back on how that goes!

0 comments: