Friday, June 19, 2009

"And on the third day, SHE rose again, in fufillment of the Scriptures..."

Sorry, was that sacrilegious? OH WELL. Yes, I was dead and I've risen again...um, sort of. I've been flat out with the flu (swine? cat? turtle? who knows! who cares!) since Monday night, for 3 whole days I barely left my bed - except on Tuesday, I scuttled out in the morning - thank god, before becoming totally weak and useless - to get some food and supplies - OJ, bread for toast, Mrs. Grass' Chicken Noodle soup, and Buckley's Cough Syrup - by the way, this stuff works and BOY does it taste awful. That's their advertising tag line: It works and it tastes awful. They aren't kidding. But most cough syrups make me really high and sick to my stomach, so this one did the job. I couldn't read, I couldn't bear to sit up or keep my eyes open much, so I just laid there, listening to movies or to NPR on my radio.

I was so bored and going stir crazy...CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!! So despite the fact that I feel a bit shaky and woozy still, I popped into work today for awhile. I feel much better yet in an altered state sort of way, like I need to go really slow and be careful crossing the street, lest I be hit by a car.

Needless to say, I shall be returning to my bed now - and for the rest of the weekend to hopefully fully rid myself of the Demon Swine Flu.

UGH.

0 comments: