Friday, August 14, 2009

Check out...

Cool "mermaid" photos...oh I'm tempted to buy one but I sure don't need it...

http://www.vintage-art-prints.com/mer01_mer06.htm

Then, look at the plant spirit images - you have to click on the thumbnail to see them enlarged - so cool!!

http://www.plant-spirits.com/pspage1.html

And then for fun - because you know I love these types of stories, and no I don't care about their validity, I just enjoy the story and the possibility of them...the same reason I love all the hauntings and spooky ghost-y stuff:

"Mermaid fever sweeps Israel beach town of Krivat Yam as many report sightings of fabled creature"

What else? Well it's Friday, that's for sure...this has been an odd week for me, I feel very ungrounded, as if my head were in the clouds (oh it usually is anyway) and very much like I was in a fog for most of it. It's okay, nothing major - I think really it's that I'm still in vacation thought processing mode and since it's all been buzzbuzzbusy since the end of July, I'm just slowing down and getting back to reality now that the reunion has passed, the Texas ladies have come and gone and WHOOSH! it's time to deal with my life again. It's all in a good way, of course - I'm not complaining though because life in general has been summerly sweet as of late.

And I have to say, in the past week, I've gotten three of the best compliments I think I've received in my life:

1. Veronica mentioning that I make everything magical - I believe I was fixing tea for you in my "hobbit's cup" - I'm thrilled I make you feel that way!! Seriously, I know it was something that you said in passing but I took it to heart!

2. Zoe - a girl I used to babysit - telling me that I had a crazy laugh - I've always thought that crazy laughs ROCK!!

3. This week at work - I'm not going to go into what happened because I don't want you to think I'm hurting myself while patting myself on the back, but it was so cool and unexpected and made me feel fantastic and smiley but it was totally a Sally Field Moment "YOU LIKE ME YOU REALLY REALLY LIKE ME" and it was such a typical ME moment too where I thought I was actually perceived as quite the odd dork only to find out that it was totally the reverse. So there!

In closing, I'll give thanks to all The Gods of This Week then - you really did a great job!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gods did not let you down about that!

And you do have a way of making everything you do magical and beautiful. You could take a potato sack and a twist tie and make something decorative and beautiful out of it. You are like a MacGyver of decorating. :-D