Friday, August 28, 2009

My test has failed...

I'm just reporting that my week was NOT supercalifragilistic or expialidocious. It just was a whole lotta nothing. Blah. Mostly due to the fact that I was plagued by the Sleep Disorder this week, much to my dismay, despite all efforts to not have the Sleep Disorder. I tried, I really tried, I did all the things I'm supposed to do - I had my sleepytime cup of tea, I tried to get into a routine the last hour, I didn't watch or read or listen to anything too abrupt or stimulating. I was exhausted ... and still I didn't sleep enough. Which makes me quite the grumpy gal (right, Daddy?). Plus, it makes me mentally low and not myself and I don't feel like doing much and I think it makes me look ugly, aged. Really. But mostly it makes me an ugly person on the inside, so I tried so hard to bite my tongue and be sweet and not take it out on others. I don't want to be THAT person. You know the one I'm talking about! If you don't, well then maybe it's YOU.

For the most part, I succeeded - I was a total bitch inside, sweetness and light on the outside. And last night I got some decent REM sleep so I feel more like myself today and I had a delovely sushi lunch with the Bushwick Bird and she makes me laugh and smile so it was a nice way to cap off the so-so week.

BLAH. I need to do something fun this weekend, methinks. Me is thinking a museum? Perhaps.

But - one thing made me particularly happy - someone finally after all these years, decided it was time to replay The Beatles Anthology. 14 years ago, I was still in college and going down to Aunt Jill's in Virginia for Thanksgiving and working on one of my senior papers (on Rabelais which I ended up not writing because it was too much, too dense - so how very Rabelaisian of Rabelais) that weekend but instead I watched the Beatles Anthology with her and thinking "oh this will come on again so if I miss some of it, it's no big deal".

Well, it's never come on again - until this week - yay! So Wednesday on VH1 they played the first 2 hours but I like the later Beatles best so that section will be aired next Wednesday. Sigh...they were all so cute ...

So that's that, the week is over... it's all rainy and gray and chilly out right now, perfect stay at home & read & have some sake weather - yes that's right - SAKE!!

0 comments: