Friday, March 12, 2010

Celebrity Rehab, David Sedaris, & Me

So I love watching Celebrity Rehab and Sober House on VH1 - I just do, I'm not going to defend it. I find it interesting, so there. And it doesn't help that I have a slight crush on Dr. Drew (who doesn't?) and when he looks so understanding at the patient describing something painful - I've also developed a David Sedaris crush, but I'll get to that later. I love Amy so doesn't it make sense that I think that I could somehow turn him straight and then marry him and then be able to take part in the superwackyfunness of their family? I already have the superwacky part down and I think Amy would make such a fantastic sister-in-law... we could do crafts and baking together... if only...

Anyway, I wanted to comment that I found it interesting that out of all the latest participants of Celebrity Rehab, I found myself rooting for Heidi Fleiss to be the one that comes out of this totally sober, cleaned up and turned around. When they hinted that someone in the house tested positive for meth and then cut to the break, inside I got nervous and said "please don't make it be Heidi". Why her? I want them all to do well but for some reason, my heart goes out to her. I guess I feel sorry for her; she looks like a dog that's been kicked far too many times, like one of those patchy skinny puppies on the ASPCA ad with Sarah McLachlan, like some one who's dug herself a deep hole and she can't get out of it by herself.

I was just surprised that out of all of them, she was the one I seemed to have picked out to support mentally from afar. I have a feeling she might not make it, I read somewhere that she's marrying the guy who owns the Bunny Ranch and lives near Death Valley- that's only a few hours from my parents, maybe one of them could drive out and check on her.

Not Daddy though.

Now the David Sedaris thing. I've been suffering from a REALLY bad mood lately. Which is one reason I haven't been good about posting here. I feel like all I do is complain and describe what fresh shitty mood has descended or why things aren't to my liking. It seems to be the trend of this year, so I'm trying to halt it and fend it off and do something about it, but feel it's boring to those not taking part in BitchFestIHateTheWorld&EveryoneInIt 2010 (it's a party of 1) so I'm declining to discuss it.

Last week, I discovered was how much a Daily Dose of David can assist that cause and so I'm sharing it because maybe Mr. Sedaris can help you too. When Veronica visited in November, she left "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" for me to read and I hadn't touched it until last week when I decided to pick it up because I thought laughing a little would distract me from the Foul Mood Brain Drain. And it did. I devoured it in 2 nights and was laughing aloud by myself which always makes me feel like my neighbor must think I'm a bit bonkers if he can hear me. So I've proceeded to read one story/essay/chapter a day (sometimes more) as a way of self-medicating. I had only read "Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim" so I've got enough to last me a few weeks. After that - well lets just focus on the now. It's helping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know--he definitely helps one forget everything! I need to get the whole collection too!