Thursday, April 22, 2010

When the day echoes your moods..

What a whirlwind...thunderstorms, raindrops, bright sunnyshine, rush rush, 2 meetings, barely time for the eating of the lunch (a handmade delight by the way, sort of my version of fattoush and tabouli but with quinoa instead and no pita), barely any coffee ( I know EGADS!), the state of mind going up & down, zigzag sideways, wiggling to irritated then blooming right back up to okayhood and right now I feel mostly like I'm in need of a glass of wine.

But I'm trying not to do that. I'm trying to be sooperdooper healthy, remember? Get my strength back up so I'll settle for picking up my laundry from the Magical Miraculous Laundress (so-called because of their use of "Magic" soap and "Aura Clean" bleach and softener - seriously, these are truly Laundry Fairy Godmothers!), making some kava tea, watching the Office and then to bed at 10. I need SLEEP. This entire week, I've tried to go to sleep early and to no avail - wide awake and bleary-eyed at 1am. Toss and turn. Once I get to sleep, I'm fine, but it's just the getting there part that needs work.

Sigh...I'm one tired lady. I've hardly been outside in fresh air all week, that's how crazed things have been. I simultaneously love and detest those times - I love to be busy, I love having projects to work on but I don't like it when I get in those modes where I feel like taking a break is a big deal. Must remember to breathe. Must remember to get some sunlight on that face. Especially because it's Springtime...

Now, I do believe I'll walk to Grand Central to get some fresh evening air time in my system... gute nacht!

0 comments: