Friday, May 20, 2005

In the on deck circle...

Tonight, the Subway Series begins! Mets vs. Yankees at Shea Stadium, 7pm - woo hoo! I'm very excited, but it's only fun if the Mets win, so please please please, oh Gods of Baseball, let the Mets win! Last year, they swept the Yanks for the first time ever, and I think I went to all three games and that was SO much fun to witnesss...it's a little rainy right now, so I'm also hopeful that the Weather Gods cooperate...
Tomorrow, I'll be watching Mr. James Thomas Stanley in the morning and then Frinee and I are taking him to Central Park for the day....and the rest of the weekend will be spent resting and getting ready for my trip next week to Disney World with Cindy...work has been crazy lately and very stressful, so I need to be ready for my 4 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=AnimalKingdomLodgeResortLandingPage&bhcp=1 )...we will be going on safari, plus doing to all the usual Disney stuff - Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Epcot Center...and we have a savannah view room, which means that giraffes and other animals will be frolicking right outside our balcony! I also can't wait to see Cindy, she and I have been great friends since our first week at Barnard together (we bonded over sitting in my dorm room windows watching people come out of the subway stop below) and I miss laughing and spending time with her...so, one week and counting!

0 comments: