Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Jury Duty and Eyebrow Threading

Two other things I forgot to update you on...last week I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time...now I know this is not all that exciting, but it's the little things that make me happy and that was one of the coolest things I did last week...so you lay back in this chair, and the woman somehow holds this long thread in her teeth (I'm not sure what she did to me, I had my eyes closed the whole time) and uses it to yank the hairs out, perfectly shaping your eyebrows...and so quickly, it was done in about 3 minutes...7 bucks! Amazing! And it lasts up to 3 weeks! Thanks to Charlie, I have Brooke Shields type eyebrows and its a chore to have to pluck and pluck and pluck, everyday...Heather Joy Overoye knows what I mean, she's got them too - but hers aren't as bad as mine, I think mine are more of a handful...so anyway, it was a good thing to have done...I did get a little rash (my skin is so sensitive, I knew it would happen) but I think I will do it again...less work and stress for me.

Now the next thing is my continued anxiety about jury duty...I got a notice to be a telephone standby juror starting Sept. 30th so everyday, I have to call in after 5pm or check their website and see if I have to go to the courthouse the next day...now Floating Head told me I will only have to do this for a week and then it's over and you can't be called for jury duty for another 4 years and I hope she's right...I just have so much going on right now and I'm tired and the thought of having to do jury duty stresses me out more, it's one more thing to have to deal with...so far, I've been lucky and not called yet... so please, say a collective prayer for me NOT to serve!! Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some day... we shall find a way to combine our civic and depilatory obligations into a single, glorious event. The result: why, nothing less than Justice and Perfect Grooming for ALL. God Bless America!

Aleena the Cleric said...

At Elizabeth Arden, it's the Red Door...at the courthouse, it's the Red, White, and Blue Door! America the Beautiful...LITERALLY!