Tuesday, October 11, 2005

New Song Obsession

"Haiti" by Arcade Fire... you can listen to it here, just click on one of the radio blogs with this song listed ... http://www.radioblogclub.com/search/0/arcade_fire

Haiti, my country
Wounded mother I’ll never see
My family set me free
Throw my ashes into the sea
Mes cousins jamais neshantent les nuits de Duvalier.(My never-born cousins haunt the nights of Duvalier)

Rien n’arrete nos espirits. (Nothing stops our spirits)
Guns can’t kill what solders can’t see
In the forest we are hiding

Unmarked graves where flowers grow
Hear the soldiers angry yelling
In the river we will go
Tous les morts-nes forment une armee (All the stillborn form an army)
Soon we will reclaim the earth
All the tears and all the bodies
Bring about our second birth
Haiti, never free, don’t be scared to ring the bell (n’aie pas peur de sonner l’alarme)

Your kids are gone(Tes enfants sont partis)
In those days their blood was still warm

0 comments: