Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Beans, Beans the Magical Friend

Naomi and family were in town for the week visiting so I got to spend some time with them at dinner at L'Express last week and then on Saturday, I met them at the Museum of Natural History, where Sam was extremely impressed by what he saw...and he impressed me as well. Not only did he know all the real names of the animals (such as kudus - which I had only heard of last spring when Cindy and I went to Disney World and saw some kudus at our resort) but he knows all the names of the dinosaurs too! And he knew that kangaroos are marsupials... he's one of the smartest little boys I've ever met! He's only 2! This kid has a bright future, I'm sure :-)

Friday night, I finally got to meet some of the characters in the Story of Magpie - I am already quite familiar with Mrs. Cohen, but now I can say I've met (and had dinner no less) with Mr. Twinkle as well as The Jza. We saw Underworld:Evolution which as Magpie has already blogged about, was seen purely for its entertainment value and not to be evaluated for anything more than that...and I really liked it, but then I love all the gothic-y, vampirish type stuff anyway...and Lycans - must not forget those loveable, albeit hairy, lycans.

But point of post is also to say this: I was informed yesterday that I've received a promotion! So all my hard work over the past year has not gone without reward and I can say thank you to Mr. McGee for pushing this all through for me... I hope the good karma he has collected will come back to him, as he also deserves good things! They've also hired a temp, who may very well turn into a full-time junior me so to speak, and already, he's helped out my workload...so maybe 2006 won't be so shitty after all... I was hoping for something good to happen and I was told something was in the works, but you know how that goes...so anyway, cheers to me! The extra money will be put to the Conspiracy Corner Goes to Japan/India Fund...and Saving to Buy a Soundproof Apartment Fund (yeah right, does that exist?) or the Pay Someone to Smother the Nazi Above Me In His Sleep Fund... oh the possibilities...!















Beans, Sam, and I outside the museum
















Checking out the Brown Bear, making sure he is safely behind glass...















PJ and Sam
















Samwise the Smarty Pants off to hunt more animals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Le Dude Petit - tres cute!

I'm also relieved to hear that your promo came with some ca$$$h to back it up! You bleedin' deserve it!

We should expand Friday's supper club into a top celebration. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Great to hear! More $$ means more Bloskheads! Well deserved.

BTW - I'm watching Airplane right now. Laughing hysterically.

- Vox

Anonymous said...

well deserved!!!!