Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The UN-Doubtful Guest

Unlike the weird creature of Edward Gorey fame, I have a Magpie staying with me for a few days and so far = FAB. It's been fun to have another person in the apartment, I don't really have guests/visitors too often. We went on a walking tour of Jackson Heights and its many cool buildings and gardens, ran a couple of errands - drugstore, strawberrry and hummus purchases, and then home to watch Howl's Moving Castle - I loved it!! Miyazaki is so over-the-top creative with his colors and scenery and its nice to know that this type of artistry still exists - they hand draw and color each cell, unlike most animated studios that use computers to do all the work. Absolutely amazing - and I love this story...Spirited Away is still my favorite though (next I need to see Kiki's Delivery Service) .. and you may want to check out Magpie's own comments about the apparent unbelievability of certain romances... Howl was quite..David Copperfield-ish...to say the least... but he was "voiced" by my future husband Christian Bale (once he divorces his current spouse)...so anyway - this film: highly recommended!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you guys having a slumber party?

Where can I watch that Howl's thing? Is it a dvd?

- Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

hee hee, yes Vox, we are having a Queens slumber party..complete with pillow fights and ghost stories and we even did "Light as a feather, stiff as a board"..do guys know what that is? Magpie is inbetween nests right now and so she is staying at my place for a few days...

And yes, Howl is on dvd now - rent Spirited Away too, it's my favorite, it's so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool. Hey, I'm a "Ham" (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take)

- Vox