Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend Update - UFFDAH!

Friday: Cookies were delivered to someone who may or may not be the real Orange Hat. Things were packed. Laughs were aplenty. Dinner was eaten after midnight. No wonder I felt sleepy the next day!

Saturday: Mets Game = Rained OUT!! Oh well, I'll get some games in soon...they did win on Sunday though and seem to be playing pretty well, which makes me very happy. And the Yankees...not as well...which also makes me happy. Some people came to look at the apartment and then a massive headache came on and I had to sleep off the migraine medication I took. Woke up at 5:10 in a panic to finish getting ready for Swedish Supper Club and was at the subway at 5:45, which should have been plenty of time to get where I was going...alas, that was not to be! I was, horribly, a half-hour late because I got stuck at 59th Street ... well the waiting duo was not upset, as I feared they would be (because then on top of it, I couldn't figure out where to go, since I wrote down 6th Avenue, not off of 8th Avenue) - but I do apologize for keeping them waiting. Anyway, the meal was UFFDAH perfecto! I had a cocktail called the Lila Sommar - soooo good...I know it had crushed raspberries and aquavit and I think vanilla vodka in it and Chambord and dash of cream - and a green salad and wild salmon for dinner and vanilla waffles with cloudberry sauce for dessert...everything was extremely fresh and clean tasting and the atmosphere and wait staff was so pleasant so I give Smorgaschef an "A" and I will be back!

Sunday: Open House again...some offers were made, so I hope this is all coming to an end, I'm getting tired of having strangers in my home and poking in my closets and evaluating my furnishings! Although it has led to some interesting encounters with some of the viewers. Sometimes you see people walking down the street in your neighborhood and think "who are these people?" and then they come in your apartment and you chat with them and see another side to them that you probably wouldn't have guessed at on first glance. I've come in contact with some very interesting characters in the course of the past couple of weeks because of these open houses so that's been somewhat pleasant. Then it was off to help ZeusApollo ready himself for his new Upper West Side temple.

What will this week have in store? Stay tuned...most likely, it will only be interesting to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's UFFDAH? Is it a new exciting acronym that I don't know about..?

Aleena the Cleric said...

Uffdah is a Minnesotan/Scandanavian expression used to express many things that my Grandma Marion used to say on occasion (and I think jokingly) and something me and my parents still use (again, jokingly)... according to Wikipedia:

"Uff da" is often used in the Upper Midwest as a term for sensory overload. It can be used as an expression of surprise, astonishment, exhaustion, and sometimes dismay. The term has been heard among men when a particularly attractive woman enters a room...The term has Scandinavian origins although Swedes and Norwegians will argue who truly has ownership.

Jingle Jingle! (Only Don Charleyboy will get this one)

Anonymous said...

Scandanavian!!!!