Saturday, May 20, 2006

AND THE METS WIN!! THE METS WIN!! YANKEES LOSE!

It’s Subway Series time, folks, and this game was worth the 20 bucks I paid, plus the 6.75 for a Brooklyn Lager and 4.50 for a hot dog...you have to have a hot dog at a baseball game, it’s criminal not to...anyway...the game was EXCELLENT, very exciting and so much fun. As the guy behind us kept saying, "this ain’t your grandmother’s Mets". First inning, Yankees are up 4-0, but then Mets are at bat and Carlos Beltran hits a 3 run home run - awesome. It was tied for most of the game 6-6 and then in the top of the ninth, ENTER SANDMAN (which I guess is some sort of controversy, because Yankee closer Mariano Rivera has the same entry song - get over it, people). This was fantastic - they play that Metallica song while closer Billy Wagner runs out from the bullpen and starts his warmup and knocks the big Yanks down one by one - Jason Giambi, Alex Rodriguez, and some other dude - not a hit! Then, bottom of the ninth, Paul Lo Duca gets on base and then its two outs and they intentionally walk Carlos Delgado and it’s David Wright at bat (my boyfriend, for all who don’t know this - he’s a cutie!) and he hits it over Johnny (Billy Ray Cyrus) Damon and the game is over, METS WIN 7-6!! And the crowd goes crazy, and the fireworks go off and now it’s the long trek through the crowds to the subway amid the cheers of "Yankees Suck"...and an hour later, I’m home watching the game rerun on TV and my voice is hoarse from screaming WOO HOO!

And I have one thing to say about Yankee fans: stay loyal. You are not a true fan if you only support your team when they win, when they play well. In the past two years, when I’ve gone to games and when the Yankees have lost, I hear so many Yankee fans say on the way out, "oh they suck, oh they are shit, Jeter sucks" etc...what kind of fan are you to only like your team when they are winning? Now, this is the difference between Yankee fans and the rest of the team’s fans - and not just the Met fans. The Yankees have won so much and been so stellar and most fans, most teams, that great year or making the playoffs, let alone making the World Series is few and far between. You appreciate it when it happens, you love the team when they are doing well, but if they are not so hot, you love them anyway and say "maybe next time". So stop putting your team down and be grateful for all the great games and years they have given you!

That being said, I’m spending the rest of the weekend watching the remaining two games in support of My Mets while packing for possible new apartment! I am loathe to say MY NEW APARTMENT, simply because I haven’t signed a lease yet, I’ve only given the binder fee so that Otto the Broker doesn’t show it to anyone else while I gather all the necessary documents - references, credit checks, salary and employment verification, etc. So I’m happy that I’m going to be starting over in a new place and away from the crazy psychic vampirism of the Crazy Man Upstairs. So I will share more details as they become available.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very exciting game.....

Anonymous said...

Gee, this blog is turning into the daily NY sports report.

- Vox

Anonymous said...

Even though I didn't understand half of what you just wrote, I enjoyed the post immensely!

Since you're a sports fan, stay tuned for my upcoming blog post: "World Cup 2006 Hottest Pieces of Football Ass", which will debut around the first week of June. It's a tradition that dates aaaall the way back to the 2004 European Championship, and I think this year's going to be a banner year!

Anonymous said...

that david wright oh!!! what a hottie

Anonymous said...

Woman, update your blog!

Anonymous said...

even though they won they are still, and will always be, just the mets. while the yankess are, and always will be, the yankees.

Aleena the Cleric said...

WHO WROTE THE METS SLAM??!! I DON'T LIKE ANONYMOUS POSTERS!

Anonymous said...

IT WAS I WHO POSTED !ZEUSAPOLLO! DISGUISED AS A MERE MORTAL TO SEE HOW YOU WOULD TREAT YOUR GUESTS AND LO! THOU HAST STIRRED MY DISPLEASURE MIGHTILY! PREPARE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!