Monday, May 08, 2006

Nikki's Bon Voyage!

(someone out there might find that title..amusing...)

Yes, I know...my blogging abilities have been lacking lately...but it's mainly because I've known for awhile that I'll be going home for a week and I was super excited to get the hell away from my life for awhile and that's all I wanted to blog about, but I couldn't because it was supposed to be a surprise for Mother's Day for my dear Juicy Mama. But, she was being a pain and wouldn't listen to my dad's suggestions to "take some days off" so we had to break the news to her early...plus I was worried that if I was just sitting in the kitchen on Wednesday morning, that she might totally have a heart attack or think I was somehow astrally projecting (and I only do that with Mervyn the Texan). SO: the big news is: I'm GOING HOME!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!

Other than that, I'll list what's been going on: apartment hunting, the Munch exhibit at the MOMA and tea with the ladies afterwards; training the Boss to do my job while I'm out; watching the Mets win and win and win (and lose 2) on TV; Act V at the Georgia Diner on Friday; IKEA and the LES on Saturday before meeting up with Tio Pepe and getting ever-so slightly drunk on some margaritas and fantastic shrimp fajitas (and seeing Mr. Mustachio from our IT Department just a table away, something that I couldn't stop giggling about - why exactly was it so funny? I don't know, that's the magic of tequila!); and to cap it all off, a day with ZeusApollo, who was nice enough to deliver some much desired egg bagels to make Juicy Mama even more ecstatic than she already is - come on, not only am I arriving on Tuesday, but I have 2 dozen (well almost 2 dozen...I seemed to have "misplaced" 3 of them...somewhere) bagels in ziploc baggies at the bottom of my suitcase for her!!! How awesome is that?

And tonight, I'm looking at a one bedroom apartment only 2 blocks away and in my friend's building...I'm hopeful that it's nice and this albatross of an apartment hunt is off my back and I can relax already!

SO: I'm off to Las Vegas to relax and get some peace of mind with the two crackerjacks I call Mom and Dad...later for you, NYC!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely up for the Margarita piece ummy!!!

Can't Believe the Mets on a winning streak very surprising. who is spiking their coffee

Have fun in Vegas

Anonymous said...

Watch out for falling bananas...