Wednesday, May 31, 2006

UPDATE!

Yes, I know, these posts are becoming more and more infrequent again and I'm not even undergoing another PeopleSoft conversion... but I am undergoing an apartment changing conversion so please bear with me, I promise better and more interesting posts to come! So just to update, the plan to move to 75th Street (just a block away from my current pad) is underway - the only piece left is to actually sign the lease and fork over the rest of the moolah owed and that should be taking place sometime in the next few days. But all other arrangements have begun: boxes are being taken home each night on the subway and my things are being packed, bit by bit. That's right: Howl's Moving Castle is being dissassembled and portals are being changed. The movers are coming on June 8th to do an estimate/walk through and bring me more boxes should I need them and then my actual move date is the 15th and the air conditioners will follow me on the 16th. I feel a bit out of sorts though - a Magpie told me that's because I'm so into having my "space" and nesting and its all in chaos and ending and beginning all at once and when I get settled in the new place, I'll feel better. I hope she's right - it's half-exciting but half scary too because its all going to be brand new again and I've just been remembering how happy I was when I first moved into this place, how perfect I thought it was and then how many issues I've had there and how disappointing it was - but that's life, isn't it? I made the best of it and I think I've learned how to not let everything get to me as much, so maybe that was why I needed to be in that apartment. I also learned how to stand up for myself because I had such an ongoing battle with the Crazy Man Upstairs and its the first time I've ever had to go head to head with someone like that. I really loved that building, I like the super, the other people who live there - I just happened to be cursed with That Man over my head day and night. But if you believe that things like this are for a reason - which I do - then I need to understand what the lesson was and take it with me to the new place and know that I can handle whatever may come up there. I guess that's my biggest fear - is not being able to handle what MAY happen - not what is going to happen or what has happened - but that unknowable factor. But the time has come to take another leap, so I'm off and hopefully, I'll be more peaceful here than I was in the current situation.

So this weekend, I: had shrimp curry with The Cohens and Magpie for Mrs. Cohen's birthday, shopped a bit, packed a bit, rested a bit, had Argentinian food with the Stanley's, got lost on the #3 train in trying to get to Zeus's apartment (where he oh so sweetly had an Absolute egg bagel waiting for me - that's why we like him) and shopped some more and had dinner at Flor de Mayo and then Monday was spent trying to shake a terrible migraine that lasted all day. Now, I'm back to normal and feeling more like fighting the good fight.

On tap for this week: more Indian food and X Men 3 for the Grand Magpie Festival! More packing! More throwing out of unneccesary clutter and putting a little Feng Shui into my life! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

busy little bee!!! good luck in your new pad.