Friday, May 12, 2006

Homeward Bound

JetBlue rules again! Can’t say enough to promote this airline…and this time, there were only about 30 people on the whole plane, so I had the whole aisle to stretch out in –which was needed, I was so tired, I didn’t sleep well the night before since I was so excited about the possibility of the new apartment – I was arranging furniture and decorating in my head while trying to fall asleep. But, I shouldn’t count my chickens before they’ve hatched, so until I hear a YES from this lady, I won’t speak or think another word about it…”hold thumbs” for me as Granny Magpie would say :-)

So, Big Daddy picked me up at midnight from the airport and then made a quick stop at In ‘n’ Out burger for a West Coast treat of a hamburger and that was that. I was home! Since then, I’ve just been relaxing and resting, sitting outside drinking my homemade smoothies and coffee in the morning and reading (just finished Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat – beautiful prose, all about a Haitian mother and daughter; I want to go buy Krik? Krak! now – I really loved this book…and she went to Barnard, so you know…)

Today was shopping and dinner with Mom and Glenda the Good Witch and maybe in a bit, I’ll start reading The Da Vinci Code in preparation for the Second Incarnation of Kool Kids Movie Club. This weekend, I’m making Juicy Mama a strawberry pie and then we are off to the mountains to cookout and hike on Sunday … I’ll let you know how that goes – until then, Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies out there and one last mention …


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZEUS APOLLO!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I posted a comment the other day and now it's gone!

It basically said: 1. Happy B'day to ZA; and, 2. I'm glad you're having a top time in LV.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Zeus. You are so mysterious!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you mere mortals, Zeusapollo thanks all for birthday wishes. Now I must away to drag the sun across the sky, as is my daily duty. Farewell!