Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Midsummer Night's Good Dream...


Happy Summer Solstice! Hope the day has been happy and well-balanced - unless you were hanging out at Stonehenge to celebrate, in which case you were most likely stoned or drunk! I do think it would be cool to experience it once though, to see the daylight come through the stones....ah well...that's my tree-hugger hippy side coming out as SOMEONE might say...

So I moved and the move went well - so far, so good, I love love love the new place. I'm loathe to say more about it, because I have a fear of jinxing myself. But there has been peace, there has been a warm and cozy atmosphere, there has been utter delight at the cuteness of it all...the kitchen is pretty much unpacked and so is my bedroom, so its just the living room that needs to be worked on but I don't even have a couch or cable yet so I have hardly even spent time in that room yet. The only drawback is that I'm still sick, still fighting bronchitis and hoping it doesn't turn into walking pneumonia, so I've done more resting than unpacking and trying to sleep a lot. Seems to be working, as my chest still hurts when I breathe, but the sore throat and coughing is down to a minimum. The move was last Thursday and they were done by noon and then I slept for about 3 hours. The next day, the a/c guys were supposed to come early but didn't show up until 5 and I slept almost all day, so I'm amazed that I've gotten as much settled as I have. On Saturday, my only venture outside was to meet Conspiracy Corner to see Nacho Libre (which was HYSTERICAL, I giggled so much, and not because of the cough syrup, but because it was HILARITY ITSELF) and then we had an early dinner at Blockheads, which was awesome because we never get to spend time with Vox anymore.

One funny story - when the a/c guys were there, they had left some tools out in the hallway and the door was partially open. I heard a little knock and two little old ladies in housdresses just walk right in, one Russian who spoke only a little English and the other who was like Edith Bunker - same voice. "Did you just move in? How much you pay for rent? Where did you live before? 76th Street, oooh, you're from the area. Is it just you?" Yes, I replied, just me. "I BRING MY SON" said the Russian lady...seems the biddies will be my matchmakers...ha ha...if the doorbell rings and Svetlana is there with Ivan the Terrible, I'm running for cover. But still, it was an amusing Welcome Wagon. "Why didn't you invite them in for coffee?" joked Tommy the A/C guy...ha ha ha...only if they had brought me a bobka or coffeecake :-D

Until next time...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the move was untroubled. You can thank smoking chuck for the lung troubles!!! What do you think about Nacho for Allie-she really wants to see but not sure it's for her. E-mail me please. Lost all e-mails when got new computer!! XOXO Snow White