Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two Really Good Eggs in My Basket

Egg #1 Frinee!

She felt bad for me that I was sick and had to pack all by myself (she was in Florida that week) and then wanted to help me unpack...but when she found out how distressed I was at the state of my bathroom - it's really really old, they did a messy job of painting and plastering, dripping paint on the tiles and it looked as if it had only been "maybe" cleaned over the past 4 years and the floor was icky - that she offered to clean it head to toe, top to bottom for me! She even took a day off from work to do this for me. Well, Sweet Baby James had his day care graduation that day, so that's the real reason, but afterwards, she came over and got the bathroom glistening and looking almost like new...it still needs a little work but I'm not scared to have my feet touch the tiles any more!! And, she brought me dinner on top of it - um, shouldn't I be buying her dinner? YES! And I will, it was so wonderful of her to help me like that, so I owe her back in a big way.

Egg #2 Beans!

Beans came into town on Sunday for a quick work trip and since she works in the building right across the street from my office, it was easy to meet up with her and get in some drinks (wine) and munchies (tilapia tacos and chocolate fondue) and chitchat (giggles) with her last night... she lives on Cape Cod and I don't get to see her often but she has a super sweet and fantastic husband PJ and her beyond cute 3 year old son Sam, who never neglects to send me a valentine every year ( I have one hanging in my office now, heart that says "Be Mine!" awwww!) so I like to go up and visit them once a year at least...I haven't made a trip so far, but I think in the next month or so, I will be hopping on the Lucky Star Chinatown Express bus to Boston for her to pick me up! She's leaving today, and I miss her already...

Also: Supper Club #? was held this weekend, this time it was Magpie's selection and we went vegan at the Angelica Kitchen . My rating? 3 out of 4 stars...I supremely enjoyed the hibiscus drink with my seitan empanadas served with guacamole and salsa, plus yummy cornbread with onion and carrot spreads...I recommend it for anyone looking to eat some super fresh and super healthy meals! And I also stopped off at the Trader Joe's wine shop (for the first time since it opened) to buy my favorite chardonnay which is the Coppola Gold Label described on his website (http://www.ffcpresents.com/site.php) as such:

"Our Gold Label Chardonnay captures the distinct aromas and flavors of Monterey vineyards. Whole-cluster pressing and a combination of barrel and stainless steel fermenting ensures creaminess balanced by crisp acidity. Highlights of juicy apple, guava and melon flavors are followed by a touch of caramelized sugar on its long silky finish."

Sounds yummy, yeah?

And that was that.

0 comments: