Friday, June 09, 2006

Oh my stars and garters, I'm EXHAUSTED!

This week is over - work wise anyway - but still so much remains to do! I have run around TOO MUCH this week and now I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something so Mother Juicy's echinacea and goldenseal regimen has begun and let's hope my sore throat is just from inhaling wood stain fumes all day yesterday.

SO: I took yesterday off to pack and meet with the movers and stain the furniture. Two of those items were accomplished. The movers, due to a mistake and getting lost and many other factors, never made it to my place but I still watched a bit of French Open tennis, stained some things a deep rich walnut color - BEAUTIFUL! I now want to stain EVERYTHING walnut - and got high and headachy from it and packed a bit and threw out some stuff. Then I headed out to meet up with Magpie and Mr and Mrs Cohen for XMen 3. I'll give my review in one word. SHIT. This was a horrible movie, so cheesy and blecho...it's over for me, I doubt I could be persuaded to see the next one...kind of like after seeing the second Matrix - I still haven't seen the third one because I can't be bothered. But my favorite line was from Blue Furball Frasier: "Oh my stars and garters!" That's an exclamation to put back into use! So: save your 11 bucks, don't see this movie.

Today I woke up and felt like crap but came in to work because I needed to get away from the stain fumes (ha ha..it's not that bad really, it's almost gone) but then had to run back to my apartment to meet the movers for my estimate and get my boxes from them so that I can spend the entire weekend packing. And so I will. But not before seeing The Omen with sometime boyfriend Liev Schrieber (and we must all remember he's appearing in Shakespeare in the Park in Macbeth - a day off from work to get tickets may be necessary, I'm not missing this) - I say sometime because I don't approve of him dating Naomi Watts...she's so bland and milquetoast...she's not good enough for him. But I am. :-)

My only other activity will be meeting The Cousins for brunch at the Sunburnt Cow on Sunday.


One last notice: I've been informed that Vox has put me in charge of a Blockhead's reunion...I will be contacting all of you - and you know who you are - to let you the details!! We also have to plan a day trip to Kykuit, Vox!! Or you could take us on a tour of the Woodlawn Cemetery?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am down for all of these things

- Vox