Thursday, February 01, 2007

Nada to report

Not much going on, hence - no postings in awhile. The only event of note is that I went to see Pan's Labyrinth (check out the official site http://www.panslabyrinth.com/ there is a sketchbook section by the director/writer that's super cool) and it was AWESOME and made me wish that it was a book so that I could go home and read it...somewhat grotesque and dreamlike images, but that's right up my alley and that's really what fairy tales were, not the cleaned-up, prettied-up Disney versions (which I still love but they are much "nicer") ... afterwards, there was some really good Thai food and wine on 2nd Avenue...and this weekend? Ikea on Saturday and a Ghost Hunters marathon on Sunday... Floating Head and I will be enjoying it on separate couches, cell phones at the ready so that we can text each other when we are scared and in need of comfort.

Tomorrow is Groudhog's Day and he better see his shadow (but only if that means there are 6 more weeks of winter - if not I want the opposite)! It's been so cold here and I love that, but I want some snow. I NEED snow. It's been so cold, you should see how I wrap up just to go to bed. It snowed a bit the other night; I was genuinely thrilled as I went into the kitchen and glanced out the window and saw white everywhere. I had that nice little moment of surprise that you get sometimes - you look out a window just out of habit and you expect to see the normal scenery. But this time, it was all white and quiet and little snowflakes falling and everything looks slower and seems hushed when it snows. But it didn't stick around long and it may snow tonight but it's supposed to turn to rainy slush and that doesn't count. So hear my cries, Oh Weather Gods! A Snow of Substance please :-)

0 comments: