Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blockheads!

I forgot to mention that we had a Blockhead's reunion on Thursday (lucky for Vox, The Office was a rerun otherwise....nah! I'd miss The Office for some Vox time!) and as always, it was lovely to see Mr. Vox and hear about the Second Coming - yes, that's right, his progeny is going to battle Baby Suri for OUR VERY SOULS!! You heard it here first! ALL PRAISE XENU!

I'm very excited today, because Floating Head and I just signed up for a class at Intergral
, designed to bring us some much needed peace. For the next 4 Saturdays, she and I will be meeting for two hours every morning to learn the Art and Practice of Meditation:

"For anyone new to meditation, as well as those who wish to enhance or strengthen their practice, IYI's meditation course offers the opportunity to discover the many dimensions and benefits of quieting the mind. Guided by a certified meditation instructor, you will practice five meditation techniques in depth. The experience will help you decide which techniques resonate for you and inspire you to integrate meditation into your life."

I have a very unquiet mind. I tend to not be able to focus on things for very long, I get easily swayed by my emotional state and I kind of flutter around, getting some stuff done (leaving too much unfinished) and I think I need to learn how to be more peaceful. When I took yoga class regularly a few years ago, we always ended the class with the whole corpse pose- candlelit room-relaxation for 10 minutes while the teacher spoke to us quietly bit and I can't tell you how wonderful those 10 minutes can be. It sounds oh so "New Age-y" I know, but I always went home feeling much lighter on the inside and more open-hearted as those New Agers say - and who couldn't benefit from a little more of that?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Second Coming? oh, the pressure...