Monday, March 19, 2007

Gruntled!

Many moons ago, when Vox was my co-worker (and all was right with the world), we discussed "if one could be DIS-gruntled, could one then be gruntled?" and the answer, apparently, is yes. Floating Head and I spoke about this on Saturday after meditation class - gruntled is one notch below juggy. Defintion: content, satisfied, balanced? Something along those lines - Vox and FH can correct me if I'm wrong, but the main point here is that I feel gruntled. And I just wanted to say so.

I had a nice day on Saturday, it feels good to get up early for the meditation class - very peaceful and its a great way to start the day. This time, we did a 20 minute plus meditation and did Shiva chants which are good to do when you are trying to get rid of negativity and such. We also learned about candle meditation, how to use mala beads and how to set up an altar and we all talked about how we felt during the week after meditating, what worked, what didn't, etc. All in all, it's a really good group, everyone is really open and nice and into it, enthusiastic as I am about learning this - all except for One Girl that needs to not come back to the class. She's annoying, she left her cell phone on and it went off twice and she is just super negative and has an attitude. But such is life, I suppose. That's the goal of this class, to learn how to not pay attention to these negatives and get on with the positives of life. Tune those buggers out!

Afterwards, Floating Head and I browsed in their bookstore and bought a few items. I bought
"
The Golden Present" by Sri Swami Satchidananda on the advice of our teacher. It has a reading for each day of the year and I'm going to follow her method which is she only allows herself to read the daily "medicine" if she has meditated. If not, she has to wait until next year. Then we walked to the macrobiotic vegetarian place where we ate last week and this time I tried sweet potato pancakes with fresh fruit - yum. We were feeling very juggy so in order to up the jugginess quotient, we got manicures (by not so very nice manicurists at Think Pink - we will NOT be thinking pink again), walked around some more, window shopping here and there, got a nice vanilla latte and headed home. And that was that.

Yesterday? I got Stuff Done. Chores and errands and such, things that I've been putting off for a while and need to release from the Grand To Do list.

And that's about it. Mostly today, I just wanted to share my gruntled state with you all - because in the words of Vidal Sassoon, if I don't look good, you don't look good...hee hee hee...

ALSO! Today is an ode to Duran Duran, because tonight is a new moon. And what is my favorite Duran Duran song? That's right, NEW MOON ON MONDAY! Um, so guess what I listened to about 3 times already today? That's right, NEW MOON ON MONDAY!

Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time la luna,I light my torch and wave it for the...
New moon on monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

0 comments: