Monday, March 26, 2007

There is a a Plan and the Plan is Threefold

Veronica - just know that.

What's up doc? Well I stayed home sick on Thursday - I needed a rest because I felt like I was coming down with something; my glands on my neck were all swollen and I felt sinus infection-y or sore throat-y. And I went to the dentist where I was pronounced perfect and beautiful (that's only teethwise) and with those words of encouragement, my swollen glands decided to try to disappear. I felt so much improved that on Friday, I was well enough to meet the Chia Pet for a Margarita Chat - this week, the special margarita was Patron Silver and Freshly Squeezed Pink Grapefruit. Yum indeed. Ah, but we did not overdo it of course, because Saturday is the Holy Day of Meditation class and getting up early is part of it. And it was such a lovely sunny morning, I was not rushing for once to get there on time, so I was slowly walking along 13th to class, listening to my iPod and eating my banana and feeling very good. For class this week, we tried walking meditation and because it was such a pretty day, Jyothi took us up the stairs to the roof of the building where they have a patio and even though the sun was out, it was still slightly chilly - our feet were bare! - and you can see the river and she led us in a circle, just walking walking and concentrating. Then she had us sit and meditate for maybe 10 minutes and it was so nice, with your eyes closed and the cool breeze and you can feel the sun on your face and I just really enjoyed that. So peaceful. I thought being up on the roof would be so distracting, with the pretty view and the street noise and the buildings all around, maybe I'd be too busy checking things out, my mind wandering too much, but not the case. I want so badly to go sit by the ocean now and try this - that must feel amazing. Cayucos California, anyone?

This week will be our last class and the thought of that makes me sad! These four weeks have made such a difference and I want to keep it going and I think part of that has come from being involved with a group activity like this once a week. To be surrounded by people who have a real interest in this and who are looking for a spiritual aspect as well - this is not trendy icky yoga like you would get at Crunch or NYSC or something - helps to keep the good vibes flowing and to keep me focused. I just leave Integral feeling so good and it stays with me. So the Plan is:

1. Take the Yoga 4 week workshop on Sundays; when that is complete, start the once a week Hatha 1 class.
2. Free group meditation on Saturdays at noon
3. Take more classes/workshops in general - there are few really interesting ones that I'm thinking about - chakras, nutrition, breathing techniques

Sunday, I had the Luck O' the Irish! Actually, just the Food O' the Irish. The Brooklynites cooked a really great shepherd's pie and apple berry crumble, topped off (of course) with Irish coffee and lots of laughing. And then the long subway ride home. I forgot that the R doesn't run at all after like 10 pm so like an idiot, I stood there and waited as 2 N trains came and went, not figuring it out. So then it was back on the road to get the E train and I didn't get home until 1:30. So I am SO very tired today.

And how are you?

0 comments: