Friday, June 15, 2007

Instant Karma is going to get you...

So I'm back from my weeklong Pre Father's Day Lovefest with Charlie Chuckles in Las Vegas. Yes, I managed to surprise my dad by showing up at the airport unannounced and had a lovely, most restful, week off from NYC and life in general. So want to hear about how what goes around comes around? On my JetBlue flight to Las Vegas, this icky man next to me kept falling asleep and attempting to rest his head on my shoulder and I had to keep shoving him and he IRRITATED me to no end. I did my best to ignore him. When he was awake, he kept struggling with his tv - he couldn't figure out how to turn it on and guess what? Out of pure spite and meanspiritedness, I didn't help him. I went on happily watching the Top Chef marathon and VH1 Classic while he had to sit there and - GASP! - talk to his wife and keep himself amused with his book.

My flight back - karma bit me in the ass! Guess who's tv didn't work? If you guessed Meany Me, you would be correct. So I missed all three episodes of Ghost Hunters, I missed the Mets game, I missed the Top Chef season premiere. Sigh. Lesson learned? From now on, don't be such a toad!

I'm over it, but that is one of the joys of flying JetBlue. Anyhoo, I'm still a bit off-kilter from getting back so late and my sleep is a bit off so I think this weekend will be mostly spent trying to clean the household, unpack, regroup, all that good stuff, as well as possibly seeing Waitress with Cousin Megan before she trips off to Ireland - lucky duck!

This is quite the
boring post, I know! But I just wanted all to know - I'M BACK!!


"Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Yeah we all shine on
On and on and on on and on"

0 comments: